Two lots with Brisbane city views ready to sell under the hammer

first_img9 Jeffcott St, Wavell Heights.When Barbara Croston talks about her family home at Wavell Heights her emotions are obvious.The property was built by her grandparents in 1915.Mrs Croston said her uncle died last year and the family had decided to sell “Morlancourt”.“My uncle never married, he lived there until he was 99 years old,” Mrs Croston said.“My brother, myself and my mum lived with my grandparents and uncle until I was 15.“We were brought up in that house, there’s a lot of history there.“Selling the house is sad and bringing back a lot memories,” she said tearfully. 9 Jeffcott St, Wavell Heights.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019Mrs Croston said her uncle was a father figure to herself and her brother. “We were a huge part of his life,” she said.The home at 9 Jeffcott St is a great choice for buyers seeking an elevated large lot, with value adding potential. 9 Jeffcott St, Wavell Heights.Mrs Croston described the property as being a “beautiful piece of land”.“The neighbourhood boys used to play cricket in the backyard,” she said. “Up the back was the chook pen and we had an aviary at the back too.”center_img 9 Jeffcott St, Wavell Heights.Mrs Croston said she remembered the times when her uncle went to work, taking his car out from underneath the house.“When he left we used to go down there, there was a dirt area and we played with cars and trucks,” she said.Ray White joint selling agent Nick Kouparitsas said: “This home has it all”.“It’s in a fantastic location, it is on a rare 930sq m elevated block, and it has potential for uninterrupted city views,” he said.“It really is a blank canvas for the next buyer to restore or add their own touch.”last_img read more

Iran leader refuses US help, citing virus conspiracy theory

first_imgSupreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei sits prior to addressing Iran on state television, in Tehran on March 22, 2020. OFFICE OF THE IRANIAN SUPREME LEADER VIA AP Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s comments comeas Iran faces crushing U.S. sanctions blocking the country from selling itscrude oil and accessing international financial markets. DUBAI – Iran’s supreme leader refusedU.S. assistance Sunday to fight the new coronavirus, citing an unfoundedconspiracy theory that the virus could be man-made by America.center_img But while Iranian civilian officials inrecent days have increasingly criticized those sanctions, 80-year-old Khameneiinstead chose to traffic in the same conspiracy theory increasingly used byChinese officials about the new virus to deflect blame for the pandemic. (AP)last_img read more

Brenda Kay Sebastian, 58

first_imgBrenda Kay Sebastian, 58, Gowdy, Indiana, passed away on Saturday, September 14, 2019 at her home. Born November 20, 1960 in Rushville, Indiana, she was the daughter of Raymond and JoAnn (Haley) Turner. Brenda graduated in 1995 with a Bachelor Degree in Nursing from IUPUI.  She was a registered nurse at the Decatur County Memorial Hospital for 25 years and spent the majority of her time working in the ER.  She also owned and operated “The Wooden Shelf” in Milroy.  She was a member of the Orange Christian Church. She was married to Mark Sebastian on September 22, 1979 and he survives. She is also survived by three sons, Kenneth (Donna) Sebastian, Greensburg, Eric (Michelle) Sebastian, New Salem, Benjamin Sebastian, Milroy; three brothers, Larry (Peggy) Turner, Madison, Vernon (Debbie) Turner, Moscow, Charles Turner, Shelbyville; two sisters, Cindy (Bennie) Newton, Moscow, Melinda Beaver, Connersville;  six grandchildren, Matthew Barber, Abigail Sebastian, Alexander Sebastian, Johnathan Sebastian, Jackson Sebastian, Karsten Sebastian;  step mother, Genebe Turner, Rushville; three step brothers and three step sisters. She was preceded in death by her parents, one brother, Timothy Turner; one sister, Rebecca Turner. Visitation will be held on Wednesday from 4 to 8:00 p.m. at the Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg.  Visitation will also be held on Thursday from 10 to 11:00 a.m. at the Moscow Christian Church with Funeral Services following at 11:00 a.m. with Pastor Mike Hedrick officiating. Interment will be held in the Moscow Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the Simon Cancer Center. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.comlast_img read more

Darren Lee Young (Updated Service Arrangements)

first_imgUPDATED SERVICE ARRANGEMENTS      Darren Lee Young, 38, of Moores Hill passed away Thursday, March 12, 2020 at his residence.  Darren was born Monday, May 18, 1981 in Cincinnati, Ohio, the son of Sterling “Victor” Young and Marlene (Shafer) Underwood.  Darren served his country in the Army National Guard and did two tours, one to Iraq and one to Afghanistan.  He retired from the military; was a certified triathlon trainer; enjoyed working out to stay fit; and loved nature and the outdoors.Darren is survived by his father Sterling “Victor” (Cindy) Young of New Mexico; mother Marlene (Kevin) Underwood of Moores Hill; brother Daniel (Katy) Young of Lafayette; step-brothers: Scott Puckett, Daniel Puckett, Kevin Underwood, and Kody Underwood; and nephews Ryan Young and Andrew Young.  He was preceded in death by his grandparents Mary Lou and Douglas Shafer.Due to the COVID-19 the family of Darren Young has decided to postpone the service till further notice.Memorials may be given in honor of Darren to the Mission 22.  Laws-Carr-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, 707 S Main Street, Box 243, Milan, IN 47031, (812) 654-2141.  You may go to www.lawscarrmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.last_img read more

O’Callaghan cited for alleged kick

first_imgIreland international Donncha O’Callaghan has been cited for allegedly kicking an opponent in the head. Guinness PRO12 organisers said that 35-year-old Munster lock O’Callaghan had been reported following last Friday’s league game against Ulster at Thomond Park. O’Callaghan, who has won 94 Ireland caps, will appear before an independent disciplinary committee later this week Munster beat Ulster 21-20, and they resume European Champions Cup next Saturday with a home game against Clermont Auvergne. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Eddie Howe denies rift between Bournemouth and Norwich over Lewis Grabban

first_img Press Association Eddie Howe has dismissed suggestions of a rift between Bournemouth and Norwich. Howe’s team travel to Norwich on Saturday for their first Premier League fixture since the conclusion of the summer transfer window, towards the end of which they attempted to sign Norwich’s Lewis Grabban. Norwich rejected bids from Bournemouth for the striker, but Grabban later walked out of the team hotel before the Capital One Cup victory over Rotherham and was consequently suspended for a breach of discipline. center_img The striker remained at Norwich, and Bournemouth instead recruited Glenn Murray from Crystal Palace. Despite the potential disruption caused to one of their rivals, however, and the fact that Saturday’s fixture comes so soon after that particular episode, Howe sees no reason why there should be any antipathy between the two clubs. “I don’t see why we should, to be honest,” said Howe when asked if his team can expect a negative reception at Carrow Road. “Certainly not from our side, and of course we hope from their side. We’re competitors, we’re two teams that were in the same league last year and fought a really good battle to try and get out of the Championship, and both sides were successful. And now we’re going against each other in the Premier League it should be a good match. “They’ve made a decent start [to the season]. It’s always tough when you come up to a new league, to know how you’re going to update to the challenges that you’re faced with. But I think they proved, going to Sunderland and winning, and getting a good draw against Stoke, that they’re going to be competitive this year, I’ve got no doubt about that. “They’ve got a good squad of players and they’re very well managed, that’s obvious, so we’re expecting a tough challenge. “I don’t think it’s right to speculate or to talk about other people’s players. “This game gives us a good marker, to see how much we’ve improved during the summer to now.” last_img read more

Schildroth scores 1,000th career point in win over Penquis Valley

first_imgBLUE HILL — George Stevens Academy’s Taylor Schildroth became the newest member of the school’s 1,000-point club when he reached the milestone against Penquis Valley on Saturday.Schildroth’s 25 points helped the Eagles earn a 75-42 win over the visiting Patriots. He is the first boys’ basketball player in school history to have scored have reached the 1,000 mark as a junior.GSA’s next game will be on the road against the Deer Isle-Stonington Mariners (5-11) at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 1. The Eagles are currently 15-0 and ranked first in the Class C North standings.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textlast_img read more

Malinga dropped by Sri Lanka for five-match ODI series

first_imgLASITH Malinga has been dropped by Sri Lanka for the five-match ODI series against Pakistan.Malinga has struggled for form since making his comeback to the team in February and the seamer has been overlooked for the latest selection.Former captain Angelo Mathews – already missing from the squad for the ongoing Test series – has failed to recover from a calf injury in time to be included.Middle-order batsman Chamara Kapugedera makes the cut, while all-rounder Seekkuge Prasanna returns to the side.Test skipper Dinesh Chandimal, who was not initially included for the recent ODI series against India, also features.Sri Lanka won the first of two Tests between the sides before the teams lock horns in the shorter format from October 13.Sri Lanka squad:Upul Tharanga (captain), Dushmantha Chameera, Dinesh Chandimal, Akila Dananjaya, Niroshan Dickwella, Vishwa Fernando, Chamara Kapugedera, Suranga Lakmal, Kusal Mendis, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Pradeep, Seekkuge Prasanna, Milinda Siriwardana, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeffrey Vandersay. (Omnisport)last_img read more

The Latest: Diamond League has new, shorter schedule

first_imgThe first game will be between AGF and Randers to complete the 24th round. The 25th round will start on May 29.All games in the 26th and final round will be held on June 7. The playoffs will follow with the season scheduled to end on July 29.The league says games will take place at various times during the daytime and evening “so that as many matches as possible are made available to football fans” while stadiums are closed.FC Midtjylland leads FC Copenhagen by 12 points at the top of the standings.___ The FIFA Congress was due to be held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on Sept. 18 but will now be an online event.___German soccer clubs will decide whether to adopt a rule change to increase the number of substitutions when they meet by video conference on Thursday.The International Football Association Board agreed last week to let teams use two extra substitutes per match in 2020. That should help leagues clear a backlog of games created by the coronavirus pandemic.Leagues can choose whether or not to adopt the rule change. Associated Press The qualifying tournament for the 2021 Women’s Cricket World Cup has been postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.Bangladesh, Ireland, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, the United States, the West Indies and Zimbabwe were to play in the tournament in Sri Lanka from July 3-19 and three were to qualify.The International Cricket Council has not set new dates.The Women’s World Cup is in New Zealand in February and March.___ World Athletics says the adapted program can “give athletes time to prepare mentally, stay motivated and adjust training for competition.”The series is now set to start in Monaco on Aug. 14 with two more European meets scheduled for later that month. Four more European meets in September will be followed by Shanghai on Sept. 19.The Prefontaine meet in Eugene, Oregon, is set for Oct. 4. The season-ending meet is Oct. 17 in China at a city to be decided.World Athletics says Zurich will now have the finals in 2021 and 2022 and Eugene has agreed to push back its finals back by one year to 2023.___ The former Italy defender says that for 20-25 days beginning in early March his back was in so much pain that he couldn’t sit down.He adds in an Instagram chat that he felt constantly weak.The 56-year-old Bergomi says he has recovered.Bergomi played for Inter Milan and is now an analyst for soccer matches on Italy’s Sky TV. He helped Italy to the 1982 World Cup title.___ ___FIFA has rescheduled two women’s events for next year and will hold its 2020 annual meeting online.FIFA says the Under-20 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica and Panama will start on Jan. 20 and the Under-17 Women’s World Cup will be in India from Feb. 17.Both 2020 tournaments were postponed in April because of the coronavirus pandemic.FIFA says both tournaments will retain their eligibility rules. The same players can be selected even if they have a birthday early in 2021. The German league is scheduled to restart on Saturday.The German league also says it will stop publishing centralized statistics for its coronavirus testing program and will leave that up to the clubs.___The Danish soccer league will resume on May 28 with games in empty stadiums.The league has been suspended since March 9 because of the coronavirus outbreak.center_img The Diamond League event in London is the latest track meet to be canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic.The meet had been scheduled for July 4-5 at the Olympic Stadium.British Athletics says “the decision has been made in light of the ongoing global pandemic.”___World Cup winner Giuseppe Bergomi says he had COVID-19. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinReddit The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The Diamond League circuit of track meets has a new, shorter schedule from mid-August through mid-October because of the coronavirus pandemic. The Latest: Diamond League has new, shorter schedule London Mayor Sadiq Khan says he believes it is too early for the Premier League to be planning a resumption of the season amid the coronavirus pandemic.Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Tottenham and West Ham all play in the capital.The mayor’s office says the league should resume only “when it is safe to do so.”British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Monday that sports events in the country could resume in June if there is not a new spike in COVID-19 infections.Liverpool led the league by 25 points with nine games remaining when the league was suspended in March. May 12, 2020 More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6last_img read more

Chelsea to Halt Victor Moses’ Extended Stay at Inter Milan

first_imgFemi Solaja with agency reportThe future of former Nigerian International, Victor Moses at Inter Milan is under threat following the directive from his parent club, Chelsea FC that the player should return home at the end of the Serie A season that will end next month.Although Moses made it clear his intention to remain at Inter longer than his loan spell ending next month, his ambition to win laurels with coach Antonio Conte and the fans at San Siro stadium appears dimmed now with the directive from Stamford Bridge. Victor Moses…recall to Stamford Bridge Imminent as Chelsea says no to extended stay at Inter Milan While speaking to Inter’s Match-day programme yesterday before the game against Sassuolo, the former Nigerian star was emotional when he said his reason for living was football.“I love football, it’s been my passion since I was a child,” he explained.“It’s in my blood and what I love doing. The turning point of my career came when I made my debut with Crystal Palace when I was 16.“I entered the pitch and the atmosphere was incredible. It made me think that football was my reason for living, something where I could give everything with 100 percent commitment,” he expressed.But according to Sky Sport Italia, the Serie A giants look set to lose the Nigerian and Alexis Sanchez before the end of their season because aside Chelsea, Manchester United are also yet to approve the extended stay of their forward in Italy.Both players have been on loan at the San Siro this term and have agreed deals with their respective Premier League clubs to allow them to complete the Serie A campaign.It was learnt that the agreement does not include playing in the Europa League, which is set to be concluded in August.Inter are set to play Spanish side Getafe in the last-16 of the competition, which will commence when the Italian league season has ended.Moses is also set to return to his club, with the Chelsea man’s loan agreement coming to an end after the Serie A season.Antonio Conte is understood to be desperate to reach an agreement with both United and the Blues to allow the two players to feature in European competition as he looks to secure the trophy.It has been reported that Inter’s CEO Beppe Marotta is working hard behind the scenes to reach an agreement with the two English clubs, which would involve giving them further compensations for the use of their players.Inter are also still within the range of winning the Serie A, although they must make up a nine pint gap to leaders Juventus. They however still have a game in hand.Inter welcomed Sassuolo to the San Siro last night, while second-placedLazio were also in action at Atalanta.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more