BPH Migas supports slashing levies on PGN to lower gas prices

first_imgA government agency official said on Wednesday that his office was comfortable cutting back levies imposed on Indonesia’s largest gas distributor for the sake of lowering industrial gas prices.Downstream Oil and Gas Regulatory Agency (BPH Migas) head Fanshrullah Asa said state gas distributor PGN only earned 8.1 percent of the agency’s total non-tax state revenue of Rp 1.32 trillion (US$96.7 million) last year. The agency itself uses less than Rp 200 billion for annual operations and, thus, a levy cut would not affect its operations.Fanshrullah said BPH Migas “100 percent supports” excluding PGN from paying gas distribution levies but noted that the levy’s contribution to overall gas costs was “not significant”. Topics : Such levies comprise around 7.2 percent of the total cost of industrial gas prices, Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry data show. The largest cost component is upstream gas costs, contributing a little over 66 percent, but the government is set to avoid touching this component for fear of creating a disincentive for upstream oil and gas activities.Read also: PGN to lower gas prices ‘hopefully by April’PGN requested the gas distribution levy cut on Feb. 3 as a means to lower industrial gas prices. The state-owned enterprise aims to lower prices, which hover at around US$8 per million British thermal unit (mmbtu), to $6 per mmbtu for eight key industries as promised by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo four years ago.Read also: Jokowi considers three solutions to lower industrial gas pricesHowever, as Fanshrullah noted, the levy was not set by BPH Migas but by the Finance Ministry through Government Regulation No. 48/2019 on levies for the distribution of oil and gas, meaning only the ministry could issue the levy cut.last_img read more

Governor Tom Wolf on the 3,500 Lives Lost

first_img October 12, 2016 By: The Office of Governor Tom Wolf Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Substance Use Disorder,  The Blog,  Videos The opioid epidemic affects every walk of life. Rich, poor, black, white, young, or old – the opioid crisis is unprejudiced in its reach and devastation.At least ten Pennsylvanians die every day from a drug overdose, with over 3,500 overdose deaths in Pennsylvania in 2015 alone.The time for action is now. In order to stem the tide of opioid abuse and make progress for those suffering from the disease of addiction and their loved ones, we must work quickly and efficiently to pass bills to send to Governor Wolf’s desk.Visit on.pa.gov/opioids to learn more about how the Wolf Administration is working to provide real solutions to save lives and help addicted individuals and their families get the treatment they need to live long, productive lives. SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Governor Tom Wolf on the 3,500 Lives Lost   SHARE  TWEETlast_img read more

Medicinal cannabis bill passes, with regulated market promised within a year and a legal defence until then

first_imgStuff co.nz 11 December 2018Family First Comment:  Far from perfect, but should definitely go no further.The Government has passed its medicinal cannabis bill, which will establish a regulated scheme within a year and give those close to death a legal defence before then.After a long road to third reading the bill passed on Tuesday afternoon with the support of Labour, the Greens, and NZ First.Both the Greens and NZ First won some concessions to the bill, which has been criticised by medicinal marijuana advocates for not going far enough – and by National as “decriminalisation by stealth”.The bill sets up a statutory defence which allows those close to death in palliative care to consume illicit marijuana with a legal defence if prosecuted.This is intended as a bridging mechanism until the full Medicinal Cannabis Scheme is set up, which will make the process much more simple, likely by allowing pharmacies to sell regulated marijuana products.The Green Party has pushed for this to happen no later than a year after the law comes into effect in a few days – and for that market to allow native strains of cannabis to be used, not just imported cannabis products.NZ First won a concession to extend the legal defence to those in palliative care, not just those who were terminally ill and with less than 12 months to live.Health Minister David Clark that he was “delighted”, ahead of passing the bill.“This is the most progressive legislation on medicinal cannabis that has ever passed through the Parliament,” Clark said.“We’re doing things to make sure supply will be more available and more affordable over time, and we’re taking a compassionate measure in the meantime to give a defence to those to use illicit cannabis who are in the final stages of life.”Clark said the Ministry of Health would release a paper on the planned medicinal scheme early next year and that would be open to public consultation.“We think it’s important that those who are in the industry, those who are users, those who are consumers of products, and those with a wider interest be able to submit their views as the regulations are established, so that we get the highest quality scheme,” Clark said.“The ministry will develop the quality standards in consultation with experts, and we believe that’s the right way of doing things.”The National Party, who voted against the bill, crafted its own medicinal marijuana bill early this year, after voting for the Government bill at first reading.The National bill, designed by Shane Reti, set out a much more detailed regulatory regime with a photo ID system that would allow patients to buy cannabis products from pharmacists. It would not allow for any loose-leaf smoking.NATIONAL: DECRIMINALISATION BY STEALTH National leader Simon Bridges spoke against the bill at third reading, saying it was “decriminalisation by stealth”.“I fear, and there is nothing the Minister has said today that tells me otherwise, that what in fact this bill is is decriminalisation of cannabis by stealth in this Parliament today,” Bridges said.“What will the police do when they’re outside a school and someone, under this legislation, is smoking cannabis? What will they do?”He said National had compassion for those trying to access medicinal marijuana but this bill was not the way to do it.https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/109269050/medicinal-cannabis-bill-passes-with-regulated-market-promised-within-a-year-and-a-legal-defence-until-then?cid=app-iPhonelast_img read more

3 persons jailed for ‘illegal cockfighting’

first_imgPolice identified them as Calvin Hirro, 30, Rolando Pabores, 42 and Radney Alicante, 48 – all residents of Hinigaran town. They were nabbed on May 17 when police officers chanced upon them in an illegal cockfight. BACOLOD City – Three persons were caught engaging in illegal cockfighting in Barangay Pilar, Hinigaran, Negros Occidental. Recovered from the suspects’ possession were two game fowls, two gaffs, two scabbards, two leg bandages and P460 bet money.center_img The suspects were detained in the custodial facility of Hinigaran municipal police station, facing charges for violation of Presidential Decree 449, or the Cockfighting Law of 1974./PN BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGAlast_img read more

Moroso inks new two-year sponsorship pact with IMCA

first_imgGUILFORD, Conn. – A company already recognized for its commitment to IMCA drivers has renewed its awards program with the sanctioning body for the 2018 and 2019 race seasons.Moroso again gives product certificates based on regional standings for IMCA Modifieds, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks, and on national point standings for IMCA Late Models, IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars, Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods and Smiley’s Racing Products Southern SportMods.The new agreement will take Moroso, of Guilford, Conn., through its 14th season of IMCA sponsorship.First-place drivers in point standings for each of the five Modified regions, both Stock Car and both Hobby Stock regions, and national Late Model, Sprint Car, Northern SportMod and Southern SportMod standings all receive certificates good for Ultra 40 spark plug wire sets.Runners-up and third place finishers get Blue Max spark plug wire sets.All Moroso certificates will be presented during the national awards banquet in November or mailed beginning the following week from the IMCA home office.Information about the more than 4,000-plus Moroso products for high performance or street use is available by calling 203 453-6571, on Facebook and at the www.moroso.com website.“Adding a second year to the new Moroso agreement demonstrates their commitment to IMCA and grassroots racers across the country,” IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder observed. “Moroso has been a proponent of IMCA racing for a long time and that continues now with an eye on the future.”last_img read more

D’Tigers star distributes COVID-19 relief materials

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians D’Tigers player, Kelechi Anuna, on Sunday donated COVID-19 relief materials to people in his home town, Mbieri in Imo State.The member of the 2017 silver winning Afrobasket team said the initiative was part of his own way of helping the less privileged get by through the tough time occasioned by the pandemic. Anuna said: “We distributed food and COVID-19 materials through my foundation, Kelechi Anuna Foundation, on Sunday.“This was part of our plans to take the message of one-big family and survival to the people of Mbieri.”He believes governments at various levels cannot be left alone at this crucial time due to the non-existing structure for palliatives to be evenly distributed, hence good spirited Nigerians should also get involved.He added: “Although, I have been doing this since the coronavirus became a major issue in Nigeria as I tried in reaching out to people on individual basis, but this time around, I embarked on a bigger project to help more people.”He admitted that with the current situation in the country, more Nigerians need to step up and help. Anuna said: “Many people in Nigeria are in dire need of help.“When I read or hear stories about people not being able to feed their immediate family members, I get disturbed.“My effort is just a drop in the ocean because of the poverty level in Nigeria.”Anuna said Nigerians are resilient people who have faced worse situations in the past, adding: “If we all come together as a people, the COVID-19 pandemic will be defeated in no time.”Tags: COVID-19D’TigersKelechi Anunarelief materialslast_img read more

Quique Sanchez Flores warns Watford players to maintain their performance levels

first_img Press Association Allardyce was left to bemoan an awful start by his relegation-threatened team, who face Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool in their next three fixtures, and the lack of a killer touch in front of goal, which ultimately cost them dearly. He said: “When I opened my big mouth two weeks ago and said, ‘I think I have got enough goals’, I think I should have kept it shut. “We didn’t play very well in the first half. We had to change the system after 20 minutes or so because it wasn’t working because players weren’t playing to their best anyway. “I had to load the midfield up a little bit more in the hope that we’d get better in possession and press the opposition a bit more. “The second half was a different story based on we got to where we wanted to be by creating the chances we created, but sadly didn’t capitalise on those chances by equalising and then trying to go on to win it. “Because of that, we are all now left extremely disappointed and more importantly for me, it’s left us a big gap to start catching up on again, where we could have made that gap so much smaller today had we got three points.” He said: “That’s the most important thing. We don’t want to hear about ‘relax’. I like the players to enjoy their day off and everything, but for us the most important thing is after two days to focus again, work hard every week and prepare for the next opponent. “We are really pleased with performance of the players. We are completely focussed on the target and the level of confidence is very high. They are always thinking about how we can improve. “My expectation before every single match is very high, but always the players come and to improve always.” Victory was secured within four minutes of kick-off at the Stadium of Light as the visitors took advantage of a dreadful start by their hosts. Striker Odion Ighalo and defender Sebastian Coates both appeared to get a touch to Allan Nyom’s cross with Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce at least attributing the goal to his man. The Black Cats launched a fightback after an early reshuffle with substitute Jermain Defoe seeing one effort ruled out for offside, another saved by keeper Heurelho Gomes and a third drop agonisingly wide, although Ighalo went through on goal three times in the final few minutes, but failed to find a finish on each occasion. Flores said: “Our start in the first 25 minutes was really, really good, good possession and good attempts and after that, we lost different balls, we started playing in the middle passing just through the centre to the strikers. “We opened the possibilities up to Sunderland and after that, it was difficult to get the result until the last moment.” The Hornets climbed to seventh place in the table as a result of their seventh victory of the campaign, a 1-0 win at struggling Sunderland on Saturday afternoon. However, Flores insists the initial target of securing the club’s top-flight status remains their only focus, and that means adding to their current tally of 25 points as quickly as possible. Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores was warned his players they cannot afford to relax if they are to maintain their fine start to life back in the Barclays Premier League. last_img read more

Champions League and Europa League could be decided by mini-tournament

first_imgA mini-tournament to decide the Champions League and Europa League will be one option put forward to ease fixture congestion caused by the coronavirus outbreak.European football’s governing body, UEFA, is hosting a video conference with major stakeholders today.Euro 2020 is set to be postponed to allow league seasons to be completed.A source close to the situation says all parties must be ready to sacrifice something to reach a solution.All 55 UEFA members, the boards of the European Club Association and the European Leagues, and a representative of world players’ union FIFPRO have been invited to today’s meeting.The UEFA members will also hold an additional meeting to discuss their own reaction.How would a mini-tournament work?As with the Premier League, who on Friday stressed their commitment to completing the season, Uefa wants the Champions League and Europa League to reach a conclusion because they also have major broadcasting contracts to satisfy.Both tournaments are at their last-16 stage, with six matchdays remaining, including the final. There are still 14 last-16 ties across the two competitions to be completed.Playing the quarter-finals and semi-finals as one-off games would cut two fixtures off the remaining schedule.Playing them over a handful of days as a mini-tournament – in Istanbul and Gdansk, host cities for this season’s finals – would concentrate the matches even further, cutting down on travelling and cause the least disruption to the domestic leagues.It has not been ruled out these games could be played in conjunction with league matches – nor does the Champions League final have to mark the end of the club campaign as tradition dictates.Moving Euro 2020, due to take place at venues across Europe from 12 June to 12 July, to next summer would also free up more time to complete domestic and European fixtures.However, that would then impact on next year’s calendar.Both the Women’s European Championship, hosted by England, and the men’s European Under-21 Championship, in Hungary and Slovenia, are scheduled for the summer of 2021. The Nations League, the draw for which was held earlier in March, is due to be completed next spring.In addition, the first edition of the expanded FIFA Club World Cup is set to be held in China in June.While the big domestic leagues have problems over television contracts to solve if games do not take place, most countries rely on the payments from UEFA that come out of major international tournaments to allow their own leagues to function properly. These would be at risk from any movement of the European Championship and are likely to form part of any agreement.UEFA has an estimated 400 staff working on the Euros. It is unknown what will happen to them if the tournament does not take place for another 12 months.The situation is not made any easier by not knowing when football will be able to resume.UEFA accepts it is impossible to know when current travel restrictions will be lifted, but it cannot wait until they are to draft a plan.(BBC Sport)last_img read more

Hopes of more Irish success at Ascot

first_imgMoore will be aboard the favourite, ‘Found’ in the Coronation Stakes.There’s also over €320,000 on offer to the winner of the Group 1, Commonwealth Cup.The first at Ascot is off at 2.30 today. Here at home, they go at Limerick this evening where the first is off at 5.40 while the first on a seven-race card at Down Royal goes to post ten minutes later.last_img

West Senior Hurling action this evening

first_imgIn the West Senior Hurling Championship, Eire Og Annacarthy face Clonoutly Rossmore this evening.Both teams qualified for the County Senior Hurling Quarter Finals topping their groups last weekendAnd former Tipp hurler, and Eire Og player, Conor O’ Brien says they’re hoping to get one up on Clonoulty after last years’ West defeat to them.last_img